Wednesday 30 September 2015

September Minutes and Retreat Information

What an awesome turnout for our meeting!  We should have a great year.
Financial stuff:  We have $975.97 in our fund--$250.00 will go to our hall rental, $40.00 will go to purchase a big ironing board. 
Fat quarter winner was Leah:  she has chosen Halloween for the theme for October.
I talked to Lea, the contact I have at Grandview Manor. They would like to have some fidgit pads for the Alzeheimer unit. I will meet with her before the next meeting to get more details. She talked about having it like a longer version of the bibs we made so that they would not fall on the floor and could be more secure for the patients. She said they could not have any buttons but certainly taggies and zippers and lots of texture should be included. 

RETREAT--Friday Oct. 16 and Saturday Oct. 17 at South Berwick Community Centre
Please let me know if you are coming!  This is to ensure we have enough space for everyone. 
There is no cost for this event for members of the group.
I will open the doors at 9 AM on Friday
Bring your lunch and a munchie or two for lunch
We plan to go to the Legion for supper
On Saturday I will make soup and hopefully others can bring a munchie( or use leftover ones from Friday) 
If you still wish to sew after supper on Saturday we can go to Jonnies for supper.
I will bring tea/coffee
Power may be an issue so please do not plan to use a mini iron at your sewing station. I will bring two ironing boards and two irons to use. I do not want to have circuit breakers tripping ! I will set up cutting stations upstairs to conserve space. The irons may need to go upstairs, we will see how many tables we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment